Saturday, June 25, 2011

Almost there!

Wow - so today is my last Saturday before I leave for Austria. I can't believe how the months have flown by, and now I am only 4 days away from getting on that plane. It's been one whirlwind of a week, as I'm sure you can imagine. It's one thing to go on a vacation for two weeks, but it's another to go out of the country for two months! There are a ridiculous amount of things to take care. You should see my 'to do' list...

Friday was my last day at Microsoft until the end of August. Yes, my work place is amazing! My incredible manager is letting me take two months off work for this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and actually holding my position for me until I get back. Who does that?! It's craziness, I tell you, craziness. Okay, so it's really yet another example of things working out so that I can pursue my dream. I tell you, once I made my decision to go to Austria, things have just been falling into place. It tells me the universe wants me to keep singing!

Anyway...back to work. I have a wonderful lady filling in for me while I'm gone, but I only had one day (Friday) to brain dump everything I could before leaving. I sure hope I covered everything! There was a lot to wrap up before heading out, especially with the end of the fiscal year, but I just have to keep repeating to myself that everything will be fine. Work will go on just fine without me.

Every day I've tried to tick a few things off the list - cancel the newspaper, make photocopies of my sheet music, buy those last-minute items, etc. And of course I've been trying to spend as much quality time with my daughter as possible. Oh, I'm going to miss her so much! I signed myself up for Skype today, and plan on using that A LOT to keep in touch with her. Good thing we get to look forward to meeting up in Austria at the beginning of August. I know that first hug after being apart for so long will be cherished.

No comments:

Post a Comment