Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Here I go! It's showtime

Wow, so this day has finally come. After months and weeks preparing and dreaming, it is now time for me to step on a plane and do amazing things in Austria. I slept relatively well, considering the situation, and feel pretty calm this morning. I've packed and re-packed my suitcases several times to make sure I have everything I need, and nothing I don't. It's hard to anticipate everything I'm going to need for 8 weeks. I've got all the regular stuff, plus my singing things. Six pairs of shoes (3 are dress shoes), 3 gowns, 2 audition dresses, skirts, blouses, piles of sheet music, audio recorder, etc. It all fits in those 2 suitcases, so keep your fingers crossed that I am under the weight-limit! :)

So today is going to be one loooonnnnggg day. Seattle to Amsterdam. 3 hour layover. Amsterdam to Munich. 3 hour layover. Munich to Vienna at 7pm. And then I will be taking a taxi to my friend's house and hitting some zzzzzzs.

Okay, time for me to finish getting ready and spend some quality time with my daughter before driving to the airport. Wish me luck! Auf wiedersehen, Amerika!

No comments:

Post a Comment