Saturday, June 25, 2011

Hard Day - goodbye to Pamina

Today was a very sad day for me and my daughter, as we had to say goodbye to our beloved cat Pamina. It became apparent over the past week that her health was deteriorating quickly, so I took her to the vet and received the confirmation that she was terminal and most likely would not survive the week. I had to make the tough decision to let her go before she was in too much pain. Dad accompanied me to the vet, and I was with my sweet Pamina until the very end. Dad, Mom, Oma, my daughter and I held a burial for her and had a sweet little service. She has been laid to rest in their yard, and is probably playing in heaven with all of the other kitties we've had in our family over the years. Pamina has been with me for the past 11 years, through moves to five different homes, the birth and growth of my daughter, numerous frustrations and heartaches. She was considered a cherished family member, and will be deeply missed.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your sweet cat. I can only imagine how tough that must have been.

    ReplyDelete