Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Linda Watson Masterclass & More

World-class Wagnerian singer, Linda Watson, gave a masterclass tonight, and wow, it was fabulous! I can't believe I'm in the presence of so many great singers and instructors. This is really top-notch training I am receiving. There is so much to learn from watching and listening to other singers, and I feel like we are a supportive bunch. I love cheering on the other students, and there is always something that I hear that I can apply to myself.
I'm still waiting to find out which concerts I'll be performing in over the next several weeks. I am really sending a plea out to the universe to let me sing in an orchestra concert, hopefully for "O quante volte" (I Capuletti e i Montecchi) but I'll just have to wait and see. There are plenty of opportunities for us students to perform (masterclasses, voice studio, stage artistry, voice recitals, etc) but I REALLY want to sing that particular aria while being accompanied by the AIMS orchestra. I'll let you know... :)

1 comment: