Monday, August 15, 2011

Last Week of AIMS - Wednesday

Okay, so Wednesday was less exciting than the previous two days. Instead of attending the Bo Skovhus lieder masterclass, I chose to spend time with my daughter and parents. I've missed my girl so much. In the afternoon, she came with me for my last coaching studio class with Darryl. As most of the other students were at the masterclass, it was just me and two other women in the room. I sang "Quando men vo" and after Darryl had me make a few changes and sing through it a second time he asked the other people in the room for feedback. My daughter piped up with "Mommy, that was better than the first time." We all had a chuckle over the honesty of my little critic, and I think Darryl became enamored with her very professional opinions of my singing. :) My girl has a good ear, and as most children are, she's very honest about what she likes and doesn't like. Darryl suggested I start paying her as a coach... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment